Artist/Studio: Unknown Studio, England.
Location: St Kilda, Victoria, Australia.
Building: All Saints’, St Kilda.
Memorial: Annie Lange, 1839-1912.
Donors: L.H. & A.F. Lange
Photos taken: 3rd April 2011.
A memorial window to the late Mrs. F. C. Lange was unveiled in All Saints’ Church, St. Kilda, on Wednesday, August 5, at a special choral service, attended by her friends. His Grace the Archbishop of Melbourne, assisted by the vicar, officiated. The stained glass, which occupies the whole of the main west window, had been executed in England to the order of Miss and Mr. Lange (youngest daughter and son) and is an approximate copy of a famous picture. The late Mrs. Lange’s association with All Saints’ Church as a parishioner extended over a period of 45 years, and members of the older generation will remember her residing at Herford, Alma road, built by her husband, the late Mr. F. C. Lange, in 1871. On Sunday, August 9, at morning service, the Rev. J. W. Ashton, M.A., vicar of All Saints’, handed over the window, which had already been dedicated, to the church authorities, saying a few appropriate words referring to the late Mrs. Lange during the course of his sermon. Those present at the special service were Miss Lange and Mr. A. F. Lange, Mrs. S. C. Browne, Miss Mack (Warrnambool), Mrs. H. P. Matthews, Mrs. and Miss Mather, Mrs. McLean, Mrs. F. E. Strangward, Mdlle. [sic] Maillard, Signorina Coy, Messrs. W. Stawell and R. Thwaites, Mrs. and Miss Hodgson, Mrs. and Miss Drane, Mrs. H. Drane, Mrs. Coutie, and several members of the vestry. The window bears the inscription . “In loving memory of Annie Lange, 1839-1912. erected by her children, L H.L. and A.F.L.,” and was placed in position by Messrs. Brook, Robinson, and Co.”
Note: Specified as only erected in position by Brooks, Robinson & Co, Melbourne.